The library offers people of all ages the equal opportunity to read and learn in a bright, welcoming environment that serves as a community gathering place. The library collects materials of both current interest and lasting value in response to the needs and preferences of its patrons. The library provides encouragement and diverse resources to parents and caregivers to help instill a love of reading in all young children. The library supplies the reliable sources of information necessary for lifelong learning and is committed to the informed and free exchange of ideas through discussions and speaker programs.
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING DONATIONS- PLEASE CHECK BACK IN 2019
- We accept most books, audio books-on-CD, music CDs, and DVDs in good condition, during library hours ONLY.
- Please do not leave donations outside of the library
- We request that you limit your donation to 2 boxes per day.
We cannot accept the following items:
- Moldy, musty, or otherwise damaged items
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
- Old Encyclopedias
- Paperbacks without covers
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
- Magazines, without prior approval
Donations that meet the library’s selection criteria may be added to the collection. All other acceptable donations will be used to stock our in-house and Fourth-of-July book sales. Read our in-kind donations policy for more information.
- Sara Armstrong Donegan - Director; Youth Services Librarian
- Richard Pritsky - Assistant Director; I.T.
- Jane Racer - Adult Services Librarian; Interlibrary Loan
- Judy Curtis - Circulation Librarian; Materials Processing
- Jill Andersen - Adult Programs Coordinator; Community Room Coordinator
- Chaya Thanhauser - Youth Programs Coordinator
- Elizabeth Ross - Library Clerk
- Kelly Connon - Library Clerk; Youth Programs Assistant
- Kristen Chutter-Cressy - Substitute Librarian
Board of Trustees
- Emily Alger
- Harmony Cism
- Brian Dunlop
- Marianna Holzer
- Jim Jarvis
- Katherine Kjelleren
- Paul Lamberson
- Susan McClure
- Heather Roberts
The Board of Trustees meets at the library at 7:00 p.m. on the fourth Wednesday of every month. Exceptions to this schedule are posted in advance at the Hinesburg Post Office and the Town Clerk's Office